THE FABULOUS PICTURE SHOW
The FOTAG Fabulous Picture Show 2017
It’s that time of the year again!
The FOTAG Committee invites all artists to start planning for the Fabulous Picture Show, an annual auction held in the Gallery to raise funds for the purchase of new art works for the Tatham Art Gallery’s permanent collection. The exhibition this year will be open for 12 days.
Final submissions deadline: Saturday 14 October 2017
Exhibition Dates: Sunday 12 at 14h00 to Friday 24 November at 16h00.
Fabulous Pictures Show Auction: Friday 24 November at 18h00
How does the Fabulous Picture Show work?
- Artists are invited to donate up to three original, unframed works of art to FOTAG.
- Signed, editioned, original digital prints are welcomed, but not prints of existing originals.
- Boards and canvases are restricted to a maximum standard A4 only (21 x 27.9cm).
- Works on paper: the image should be no bigger than 13 x 21.7cm, to allow for mounting.
- All 2D art works in the prescribed sizes will be framed by FOTAG, and hung by Gallery staff.
- 3D works are also welcome, size not to exceed A4 dimensions.
- Acceptance of art work is at the discretion of the FOTAG Committee.
- Art works will be loaded onto the FOTAG website by 10h00 on Sunday 12 November.
- Artists will be offered first option should their art works not be sold at the auction.
All art works will be sold on the night. There is a reserve price of R200 on every art work and the auction is silent up to R800, after which art works are sold by live auction. Should you be unable to attend, proxy bids can be arranged.
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 033 392 2825 (mornings only)
FOTAG website: www.fotag.co.za
Here are the results from
THE FABULOUS PICTURE SHOW 2016
114 Artists donated a total of 239 artworks to the Fabulous Picture Show.
Total Amount raised after costs: R 106 200.00
The top ten selling individual artworks are as follows:
Terence King Littoral II Acrylic on paper R5000
Heather Gourlay-Conyngham Listening to Ballade No. 1 Oil on linen R 4250
Heather Gourlay-Conyngham Figure Study Watercolour on paper R4250
Jinny Heath Geisha's Gate Etching with chine colle R3750
Terence King In an Uncertain Light Acrylic on paper R3600
Pamela Fourie Kitchen Stuff Watercolour on paper R3500
Diamond Bozas Study of Euphorbia at Pobane Dam, Nkwalini Watercolour on paper R3250
Hussein Salim Spring Acrylic on paper R2750
Hussein Salim Symbols Acrylic on paper R2750
Shan Jacobs South of Bloemfontein 2 Mixed media R2500
The top ten sellers (some of whom donated more than one work) are as follows:
Hussein Salim R11 000
Terence King R8 600
Heather Gourlay-Conyngham R8 500
Shan Jacobs R6 750
Pamela Fourie R6 300
Siyabonga Sikosana R6 100
Diamond Bozas R4 850
Kobie Venter R4 150
Terri Broll R3 750
Jinny Heath R3 750
Enquiries: email@example.com Tel: 033 392 2825 (mornings only)
This event is an annual fundraising auction held in Pietermaritzburg, to raise funds for the purchase of new artworks for the Tatham Art Gallery permanent collection. It is essential for an art museum collection to grow on a regular basis, in order to reflect the dynamic nature of South African artistic production. Without a purchasing budget and ongoing acquisitions, the collection would remain stagnant.
THE FABULOUS PICTURE SHOW 2015
105 Artists donated a total of 206 artworks to the Fabulous Picture Show.
Total Amount raised after costs: R 83 047.98
These are the top ten selling individual artworks :